Ilocos Trip Part V

Thursday, January 28, 2016



This Heritage Village is actually one of the 14 finalists for the 7 Wonder Cities of the World and it made me proud, knowing that it’s from the Philippines. So I took the time to check it out and was so happy that I was able to visit Vigan City. Tito Alex’s friend dropped us off in the hotel so we could freshen up a bit and fix our stuff. We stayed in My Vigan Home Hotel.





After unpacking and a little rest, we started our tour around the Heritage Village via a Kalesa (Horse Carriage).




We first visited the Pot Making Place and watched how they mold it. I didn’t buy any pots because I won’t be able to bring it home as it might just break along the way home but outside are tiny souvenir stores where I bought key chains and Tobacco. LOL



We visited next is the Bantay Bell Tower and Apo Caridad Church.



I think that’s the third bell tower and church I’ve seen from the trip. It was already around quarter to 6 when we finished touring around and went back to the village to get some food. It was actually pretty at night!

Apo Caridad (Our Lady of Charity)
Apo Caridad ( Our Lady of Charity)

Pretty white lights around this house and one of my favorite Chinese restaurants are in it, Hap Chan. Lol. Before having dinner, we watched the Musical Fountain which started at 8:30 p.m and it lasted for about 15 to 20 minutes, I think. We did not finish it as I was famished and they were already hungry. We changed and rested for a while and as I remember, Gail and I finished watching “One More Chance” on PBO. Well it’s a local movie here which everyone loves and relates to. Hahaha. We went down and took some evening stroll. Off to the streets!

Busy Street of Calle Crisologo








Old Spanish House 
Musical Water Fountain
Musical Water Fountain
Musical Water Fountain

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Marie Nicole. Design by FCD.